Hi, I am Katherine and I am a registered Educational Psychologist with a passion to help people, and I hope that this website will be of assistance to you.
A little bit more about me. I have been in private practice since 2009. Before that I practiced at various schools around Gauteng. My qualifications, training and experience include the following:
- Masters in Educational Psychology (UJ) – Cum Laude
- Masters Dissertation in The use of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy in sexual abuse
- Honours in Educational Psychology (RAU)
- PGCE (RAU)
- Bachalor of Arts (RAU)
- As a member I trained with the international Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (EAGALA) and was also trained with EAPISA, in so doing qualifying to provide Equine Assisted Psychotherapy.
- I am a co-trainer in the company Equinetessential and Equinelibrium for corporate and group training using Equine Assisted Psychotherapy.
- I presented case studies at provincial level where I introduced my uniquely developed career-‐counseling program incorporating creative expressive arts therapy and Equine Assisted Psychotherapy.
- I was also involved in the development of a prison rehabilitation project utilizing Equine Assisted Psychotherapy.
- I have been a speaker at the National Psychological symposium of South Africa (Psyssa) and the national Creative Expressive Arts symposium.
The therapy and workshops I provide are applicable to all ages providing the difficulty presented is within my registered scope of practice. My training enables me to assist you in various aspects of your life with a variety of therapies and interventions. I strongly believe in working trans-‐theoretical which means that I use different therapies at different times with a client depending on what will be best at that specific time in his or her therapeutic process. My interventions are very much client centered. To me it is also very important to work systemically, especially when working with children. Therefore parental guidance and support form an important part of a therapeutic intervention for children for example.
Its been a pleasure to tell you a little about myself.
Please make use of my web site and feel free to contact me for further assistance.