“Connecting with a horse is a liberating process in itself, inviting us to set aside any preconceived ideas or indoctrinations that we may hold. It can stimulate and encourage us to become our authentic selves, rather than a product of this world’s ideology” – Margeret Coates
What we offer:
- Therapeutic Riding
- Horse Riding Lessons
When Deciding Between Hippotherapy And Therapeutic Ridiing Consider Your Child’s Specific Needs:
- Does your child require constant positioning to maintain sitting balance?
- Does your child need frequent assistance to maintain attention or alertness levels?
- Does your child have special medical needs that may require the additional knowledge and training from a licensed professional therapist?
- Does your child present with some learning difficulties?
- Does your child have sensory integration dysfunction or frequent behavioral outbursts to sensory stimulus?
- Does your child have specific fine or gross motor skills to work on?
- Does your child have a physical or cognitive disability?
- Does your child have any neurological difficulties?
- Did a physician or other professional prescribe or suggest Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy or Physical Therapy for your child?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, then hippotherapy may be the most appropriate choice for your child.
Horses are specifically selected for their temperament, size, and the type of movement they provide for the client. There is direct hands-on participation by the therapist at all times. The treating therapist continually assesses and modifies therapy based on the client’s responses. Because it is a registered scientifically based therapy, some medical aids do pay for these sessions in most other countries but we are still working on that here in South Africa.
We can teach you to do Dressage or Show Jumping. We also host Pony Camps for the children to keep them busy during the holidays and to give them some extra horse exposure and experience. Its loads of fun! Because the owner of the business is a Psychologist trained in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, we also incorporate activities of growth for children in these Pony Camps.
As a result of the natural synergies between what I provide in my psychology practice and what I can offer through Hoof Prints, I decided to work with our very competent and passionate therapists and instructors and our team and make Hoof Prints available to you.
For further information please feel free to contact me, Katherine, at 0723787340 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to embark on this part of your life story with you.